Drink this to fight acne and skin damage
Artichokes can work wonders on our complexion. Super rich in vitamins and minerals, they also have one of the highest levels of antioxidant levels of all veggies! In Vietnamese culture, artichoke tea (Tea Atiso) is known to remove toxins from the body and clear acne. Studies have also shown that the micronutrients in artichoke improve skin elasticity and firmness.
With all these amazing benefits, it’s not surprising that artichoke tea is being sold as a superfood beverage. But you can make it easily at home!
@loveandpebble Squeeze in some 🍋 #healthyskin #skincaretips ♬ That Gworl - The Boss Wives
1. Wash 2 artichokes and remove stems
2. Place artichokes in a pot with fill with 12 cups of water
3. Bring to a boil. Then cover with lid, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 1 hour.
4. Turn off heat and set aside artichokes to eat later.
5. You can add some honey, sugar, any sweetener and/or lemon to taste. Mix in the hot water.
6. Drink warm or cool with ice!
*Makes 12 cups. The tea can be refrigerated for 2-3 days.