HOW DO I KNOW MY SKIN TYPE?
The five different skin types are oily, dry, normal, combination, and sensitive.
1. Oily skin tends to appear shiny and feels greasy to the touch, especially in the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin). Characteristics of oily skin include enlarged pores and being more prone to acne.
2. Dry skin may feel tight around the eyes and mouth, with flaky skin patches around the cheeks.
3. Normal skin has balanced hydration levels with little to no blemishes, minimally visible pores, and does not feel too dry or too oily. We believe all skin is normal but when this term is used to describe skin type, these are the common qualities of “normal” skin.
4. Combination skin typically has an oily appearance in the T-Zone and dry or normal cheeks.
5. Sensitive skin is considered a skin type, but you can have oily, dry, normal, combination AND sensitive skin. It means your skin has heightened sensitivity to triggers, whether it’s certain ingredients or environmental factors like heat.
Easy ways to test for your skin type:
Wash and Wait
Wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat dry. Observe how your face looks and feels after 25-30 minutes.
Oily skin: excessive shine
Dry skin: if your face feels tight and uncomfortable
Normal skin: feeling hydrated and comfortable
Combination skin: if parts of your face feel oily and dry
Sensitive skin: any irritation
Blotting Sheet Test
We recommend doing this test mid-day or evening. Press clean blotting papers on all areas of your face.
Oil skin: if you are picking up a lot of oil from various parts of your face
Dry skin: if you see little to no oil
Normal skin: if you see minimal oil from different parts of your face
Combination skin: you only see some oil from the sheets blotting your T-Zone
Now that you know your skin type, you can tailor your beauty routine to see the maximum benefits from your products. Remember, all skin types should wear spf daily. And our Beauty Pops is game-changing skincare step for all skin types.